Lens

Lacrossedad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I am considering purchasing a 70-200 lens to balance out what I already have. Besides Nikon, has anyone had experience with other companies? I know and trust Nikon products but I also know there are other companies out there making lenses.

I have the Tamron 70-200/2.8 older version. The G2 version is even better. No complaints what so ever! Great lens

I will second the Tamron G2 also. I do not have one yet, but I have several of their other lenses.

I have a Tamron 70-200 2.8 G2 on my list to get.

Tamron and Sigma have stepped up their games over the past few years and are now offering some truly superb products . The only risk I see in buying 3rd party is that you have no guarantee it will will work with future body upgrades.

you have no guarantee it will will work with future body upgrades.

You no longer have that with Nikon products either. :blue:

This is unfortunately too true.
When you have to consult a compatibility table when buying a lens or camera, things are bad.
I cannot use an AF-P lens on my D7200, because I cannot turn OFF the VR with the D7200, so I cannot use it on a tripod.

The other thing to consider is if you want a f/2.8 or f/4, 70-200 lens.
The Nikon f/4 lens is half the price and half the weight of the f/2.8 lens. While I like the speed of the f/2.8 lens, at my age, I can do without the weight of it.

I have the original/1st version of the Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR. I love it. It's a big fat work horse.

Nikons original first edition vibration reduction model is not fat, but rather has a very slender barrel, and is the very best handling 70–200 f/2.8MM lens that has ever been made.it is noticeably skinnier than other 70 to 200 F2.8 models: I owned one for almost 15 years. On a DX Nikon, it is still a very viable lens. Prices on these are affordable. Optics are very good on DX

Most reactions

New Topics

Back