Lens

klissarov ik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a little question about the Sigma 28-200mm lens for y'all.
I'm looking for a D70s, and I heard the lens kit (17-70mm) is pretty good... But this guy is selling it with another lens. My question to y'all is, can I still make landscapes picture with this kind of lens.. since it goes to 200, I guess it's more for long distance focus(or macro) or can I do both? Or is it better to have a short lens, such as 17-70, for landscapes and a long one(28-200) for other than landscapes. And what y'all think about this lens?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nikon-D70S-Outfi...QQihZ017QQcategoryZ107912QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Landscape photography can be achieved with any lens, from super-wide to long telephoto; it all depends on the shot. However not only for landscape but for general photography, I think you might find a widest focal length of 28mm on the D70 rather limiting... therefore I would suggest getting the 17-70, or maybe a 17-50 or thereabouts, as well. Also bear in mind that a lens with a large zoom range like 28-200mm may not be that great, especially at the ends.

I'd pick the 17-70 too. 28 is a bit anoying when you are too close to a lovely mountain or something you are trying to photograph. Then there's the issue if you move further away does the hase increase or can you even move further away?

As for the 28-200 it's not a macro lens. Nears focus is 45cm and gives a 1:4.4 magnification.

Are you sure the kit lens is 17-70mm? The Nikon kit lens I am thinking of is the 18-70mm and it is very good value for money. Sharp, great smooth and silent autofocus.Vignetting is only a problem at f3.5-4.5 and the barrel distortion at 18mm is easily correctable.

Most reactions

Back