Lensbaby Setup Question

jcder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested in a Lensbaby.
What I want to achieve is minimal sharpness anywhere in the image, just enough "fuzzy sharpness" enabling to guess what the subject might be, to a point where no clear subject is apparent, just some sort of texture depending on the light and dark area's of the subject.

Hope you know what I mean

Thanks

Well, if that is what you want, then buy the ORIGINAL Lensbaby, and not the 2.0, and not the newer 3-G or the new Composer model, etc. The original Lensbaby model shot with no aperture disc installed will produce the effect that you want.

The later models with two elements and coated optics produce a much-sharper sweet spot and have better optics. The Lensbaby 2.0 was the second version ,which has a two-element, coated optical design,and it rendered just awful images most of the time for me.

The 3G has the weird protruding wires,and bad ergonomics,and also the coated multi-element optical design,and was really a PITA to use. I wish I had never bought the 2.0 or the 3G models. I really prefer the ORIGINAL, uncoated Lensbaby. It also works great with a 1.4x or 2x telephoto converter added.

Most reactions

Back