Lensbaby VS Photoshop

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What's the difference? It appears that the lensbaby effect can be achieved through Photoshop... so, why buy a lensbaby?

I'm in the market for a "fun" lens that gives different perspective, just as a toy. Lately I've tried to rationalize all purchases, on a "will this pay for itself?" basis. Anyway, now I'm just looking for a unique lens...either a Lensbaby or a lens that goes to 10mm.

i'v dabbled in creating a PS effect which could replace a lensbaby, but to be honest im never 100% satisfied... its alot harder than it sounds... the results can be very good, but i can usually tell when someone has used PS to achieve the look.

The main point is tho... is that a lensababy effect cannot really be made into an action... so the process has to be started from scratch and proabably processed differently depending on the image.
I dont own one yet... but for the money i think they are worth it... its something i will pick up eventually.

I try to spend as little time in post-production as possible by getting the shot how I want it on camera. So I will probably pick up a baby at some point.

The LensBaby is fun, it's about being out and shooting instead of sitting on your ass in front of a computer. I don't use mine often, but I'm pleased I have one.

The LensBaby is fun, it's about being out and shooting instead of sitting on your ass in front of a computer. I don't use mine often, but I'm pleased I have one.

IronFlatline - your photos of the veteran cemetary actually inspired me to get a fun lens. Which do you shoot with? I'd like to get the $150 Lensbaby 2.0 (I like the pricetag) and since I'm a Smugmugger, I get a free wide-angle converter for it, which lensbaby sells for 59 bucks...

do you use the 2.0 or 3G?

LB gives a more random and nature looking, but does require more luck or practice getting it right

Most reactions

New Topics

Back