Lense for indoor pics

Jesse11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I've recently purchased a Nikon D3100. I'm interested in taking internal shots for rooms and was wondering what lense would be best? I would like to capture the whole room(well most of it) in one shot, so would a 14mm do the job or would i need to go lower?

Depends on the size of the room. The kit lens might even do it.

Good evening! I am new to this forum and have been a professional photographer for some time now...can anyone give me some advice on what type of lens to use for newborn and infant/child photography? I shoot with Nikons....wedding photography is my specialty however I want to branch off and take photographs of babies! Any comments would be greatly appreciated...thank you all so much...:blushing:
Hi All! I am a complete newbie though I have been lurking on the forum for awhile. I have a question about insuring my equipment. I have a d60 and a couple of lenses (nothing too expensive) and do not have anything insured yet. I do some second shooting for weddings and some family/child pics when asked by family and friends...so I would in now way call myself a professional by an stretch of the imagination. However, as I begin to get more equipment and do more with photography should I have my equipment insured and how/where do I go about doing this?
So, which is it? Complete newbie with a D60 or seasoned professional with a D3100? I think I'm gonna have to go with complete newb.

Good evening! I am new to this forum and have been a professional photographer for some time now...can anyone give me some advice on what type of lens to use for newborn and infant/child photography? I shoot with Nikons....wedding photography is my specialty however I want to branch off and take photographs of babies! Any comments would be greatly appreciated...thank you all so much...:blushing:
Hi All! I am a complete newbie though I have been lurking on the forum for awhile. I have a question about insuring my equipment. I have a d60 and a couple of lenses (nothing too expensive) and do not have anything insured yet. I do some second shooting for weddings and some family/child pics when asked by family and friends...so I would in now way call myself a professional by an stretch of the imagination. However, as I begin to get more equipment and do more with photography should I have my equipment insured and how/where do I go about doing this?
So, which is it? Complete newbie with a D60 or seasoned professional with a D3100? I think I'm gonna have to go with complete newb.

Split personalities?

Doh!!

Well, a professional photographer is a person who choose photography as his/her profession. In some cases, that person may not know a lot. Sad, but truth. They may not need to know much. Just like those who works in an environment where gears and and settings were all preset.

As for OP's questions, it is kind of hard to say which focal length to use. It really depends on the shapes and the size of the room. Of course, a ultra-wide zoom lens maybe better.

I would have to go with COMPLETE TROLL! lol!

I would have to go with COMPLETE TROLL! lol!
I would tend to agree except for the join date. This person posted a bunch of posts overnight ranging from "I'm a pro" to "I'm a newb" and "I'm using a D60" to "I'm using a D3100". At least keep the stories straight.

I just read all the posts form OP. And I am lost. It just like there are more than 3 different persons using the same account.

The plot thickens!

Get this lens. The white color indicates that it is an indoor lens.
canon-super-telephoto-1200mm-lens.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back