Lense for Nikon D50 question

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i found a few great deals on a D50. One comes with the nikon 18mm-55mm lense and also comes with a nikon 70mm-300mm lense. And then theres a D50 that comes with the nikon 18mm-55mm and a Tamron 70-300mm.
i dont really know too much about tamron lenses, how are they compared to nikon lenses and which deal would probably be a better one.

oh and they are both very close in price so that isnt an issue

I am a Nikon person and would personally go with Nikon over Tamron any day. Nikon uses great glass. They are known for quality.

I also use a D50, and only use Sigma and Tamron lenses on it. I find Nikkor lenses to be far outside my budget; if i had a big budget i wouldn't have bought a D50 in the first place (!), and while Sigma and Tamron don't make pro-quality lenses that Nikkor makes, they have excellent lenses for amateurs, at below £400, which are often as good as Nikon's lenses, but less expensive.

Nikon make 2 70-300mm lenses. It's important to know which one specifically. To say one is better than the other, or one more expensive than the other is a false generalisation. Normally I'd point you to www.photozone.de But they haven't done a review or measurements on the 70-300 from Tamron.

A nikkor lens will generally have better build quality than a 3rd party lens, but the image quality should be the same. this isn't always true though, it could be better or worse.

the nikon lense is probably the cheaper one which i happen to have that runs at about 130ish. the tamron is very similar (assuming it is the cheaper lense) but i went with the nikkor because nikon has higher quality in my experience, and resell value is higher for nikon

i bought a tamron for my d50 and love it.
Also own a sigma and a few from nikon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back