Lense or flash?

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Having a hard time deciding if i should get me a flash or another lense. I dont have much knowledge of flashes right now so i feel like a lense might be more appropriate at this moment but then i still wouldnt know wich one i should look into.

Also, what do you WANT to do that your current setup doesn't allow you to do?

The fact that you're asking this question is promising.

More/better light can do more for you than most lenses. You do have to have a lens that works in the focal range you need to take advantage of the light though. ;)

Portrait/People photography is what i am into and because i alread got a 50mm lense, i didnt know wich one else to get and the flash, i dont have much knowledge anyhow.

What tripped me out though about light is this guy who is doing event photography and all he got is this flash(btw, why is his plastic light cover redish and not clear or white like the regular ones?).

To me, his pictures are really nice in general(let alone the fact that these are somewhat snapshots with not much time to prepare) and he explained me something like this:

All pics are going thru photoshop where - i think - he is mentioning somekinda characteristics of what i believe are filter/setting/mode, named booty, gloss and and sometimes polaroid, wich is low contrast with little green in the shadows.

What exactly does he mean?

And here, does he got two flashes or what? Tried to get back at him but no reply.

his pics are nice so is his website haha, i wish i culd have his job. umm i wuld get the flash, and maybe the red filter or difuser or whatever helps with the white balance at nice? hoo knows haha

I am not usually one to tell someone what to get in this kind of case but if you don't have an external flash for your camera right now you need one and actually if you go by this guy http://strobist.blogspot.com/ you don't necesarrily need the SB-800 or Canon equivalent or whatever kind of gear you use.

his pics are nice so is his website haha, i wish i culd have his job. umm i wuld get the flash, and maybe the red filter or difuser or whatever helps with the white balance at nice? hoo knows haha

What do you mean by red filter or difuser? Are you referring to the flash? As i said earlier, i noticed that his flash looks a bit different with the reddish "flash hood".

THanks for the link Jip, will look into that!

Most reactions

Back