Lenses for beginners

In my opinion the D7000 would be a better choice to go with if your starting off. They are only getting cheaper. If and when you out grow the d3200 and upgrade you would then have a camera sitting around. Just make the investment from the start.

I second what Patriot says.

I tell this to everyone, if you are even considering getting serious, you may want to consider getting something with more manual controls, for the most part, mega pixels don't mean as much as other factors, such as ergonomics, ease of use (meaning easy access to camera settings). The cameras I would recommend would be possibly buying these three, D90, D300 ,or D7000, all are really good cameras and can get you excellent results. If you ever get the Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye which is a really nice lens, your going to want something with a focus motor, and a lot of older but really good lens require a in camera focus motor. Also the cameras I mentioned also have better ergonomics because the are bigger than the 3XXX series cameras, I have a D200 the predecessor to the D300 and it feels great because I can fit all my fingers on the body which I can't do on my D5100.

To me, it's all about the body, if you like the body and the way it feels, you will want to use it more, the more manual controls will also make it easier to change settings, which will allow you to take the pictures the way you want easier.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back