lenses for canon ae-1

brycimus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, new to the forum, first post

i just have a question about what lenses you reccomend that i get for my canon ae-1, my current lenses i have are in my sig, i got the camera and the lenses from my dad (they were in the attic) i like macro photography and wanted to get a better macro lens than what i have now, but i'm not sure what to get, i was looking on ebay and was thinking of getting the canon fd 135mm, but thats telephoto, i was also looking into getting a fisheye lens too since they can take pretty interesting pictures

thanks

My AE-1 lenses don't seem to be a good match for your needs, sorry.

I have and love my:
28 mm 2.8
50mm 1.8
135mm 2.8
70-210 2.8-4

The 70-210 can go to a magnification ratio of 1:2.5 and does a pretty good job.

Whatever you do it's all going to have to be used try Ebay.

so is the 135mm good for macro?

Well it's not a Canon brand 135 so I could'nt tell you if what you'd get would be good. It's more of a portraiture lens but it doesn't claim to be a macro anywhere either.

i know that there's a 50mm macro and then there's also some real converter or something that gives 1:1, know anything about this?

I used to have an AE-1. I had a 2x Macro Converter that would would convert any lens into a macro and it worked very well. It's been awhile so I don't remember the exact name.

Try www.keh.com for lenses and the macro converter. You might have to call and speak with someone about the converter since I don't know the exact description.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back