lenses for Exakta 6x6 (vertical)?

The Tinkerer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got an Exakta 6x6 (vertical) without a lens. Finding an original lens is proving to be difficult and probably will be very expensive. What lenses would be suitable to be fitted to this camera?

I'm not familiar with the 6x6 but there are a few old timers at the camera store I work in I'll ask tomorrow and see if they know about it.

Found this from wiki...

A range of high-quality interchangeable lenses was made for the camera. The standard lens is an 80 mm f/2.8 Tessar with preset aperture: McKeown states that lenses between 56 mm and 400 mm were made. The lenses have helical focusing, and a bayonet mount. Some of the lenses are illustrated in a 1953 edition of 'Exakta' magazine, and the article refers to Meyer f/3.5 Primotar lenses in 85, 165 and 180 mm, and f/5.5 Tele-Megors in 150, 180, 250 and 400 mm; a rather smaller range of lenses (and only long focal lengths) is in the 1958 price list. As with other Exakta cameras, extension tubes and a bellows were available for close-up work.

Old price list...

Wayback Machine

I'm not familiar with the 6x6 but there are a few old timers at the camera store I work in I'll ask tomorrow and see if they know about it.

Found this from wiki...

A range of high-quality interchangeable lenses was made for the camera. The standard lens is an 80 mm f/2.8 Tessar with preset aperture: McKeown states that lenses between 56 mm and 400 mm were made. The lenses have helical focusing, and a bayonet mount. Some of the lenses are illustrated in a 1953 edition of 'Exakta' magazine, and the article refers to Meyer f/3.5 Primotar lenses in 85, 165 and 180 mm, and f/5.5 Tele-Megors in 150, 180, 250 and 400 mm; a rather smaller range of lenses (and only long focal lengths) is in the 1958 price list. As with other Exakta cameras, extension tubes and a bellows were available for close-up work.

Old price list...

Wayback Machine
Thank you for that link. I've never seen any of those lenses listed on E bay for the 6x6 (vertical). I'll just have to keep watching.

I asked a couple guys at work but they do not remember any other lenses that will work with the 6x6 vert. I asked about adapters but they said they do not think anybody made any.
Wish you luck on your search.

Most reactions

Back