Lenses for Italy Trip

Sounds good! Thanks all - I'll update when I get my monopod and my lenses :)

ditch it all, get an Olympus EM10 Mk2 or EM5 Mk2 with the 14-150 lens.

I don't know if Italy is the same way but In France I was not permitted to use even a very small monopod. Luckily my wide angle had IS so I was still able to get some pretty decent shots hand held at 1/15th but ISO was still high 6400-12800.
I was lucky in a few instances and was able to go lower. But Gryphonslair is right the cathedrals were where I used and needed the wide angle the most.

Word of advice, I found I was able to get away using a monopod if I didn't ask and just played dumb. Perhaps no one noticed, but if I asked they always said no.
Wow! Wonder why. Terrorism??? Just curious.

To many tourist to little room.

Thats the most logical reason, but my monopod was really compact and honestly I got the impression it was more because I am American but I could be wrong. I just learned not to ask and just do it. Of course I would not have attempted that with an actual tripod. Thinking about it I may have been able to get away using my gorilla pod crouched on the ground. Just a thought

To many tourist to little room.

Thats the most logical reason, but my monopod was really compact and honestly I got the impression it was more because I am American but I could be wrong. I just learned not to ask and just do it. Of course I would not have attempted that with an actual tripod. Thinking about it I may have been able to get away using my gorilla pod crouched on the ground. Just a thought
Pretty good argument for monopod over tripod!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back