Lenses for starters

I wouldn't watch the DigitalRev videos... they're catering to beginners, yet they use full-frame DSLR's and don't clearly communicate this information (there's one reference at the end of the 35mm video about it, but that's it as far as I noticed). Their advice is about the focal lengths on full-frame, not on crop.

For portraiture, I *really* like my 85mm 1.8G. It serves as a 127.5mm equivalent on my D5200, so it's definitely a good choice for portrait work. The 50mm 1.8G would also serve well since it'll be about 75mm.

I think everyone should have a ~50mm equivalent lens, so the 35mm 1.8G is worth taking a look at -- though I'm not sure if that's anything you were asking for.

I wouldn't watch the DigitalRev videos... they're catering to beginners, yet they use full-frame DSLR's and don't clearly communicate this information (there's one reference at the end of the 35mm video about it, but that's it as far as I noticed). Their advice is about the focal lengths on full-frame, not on crop.

For portraiture, I *really* like my 85mm 1.8G. It serves as a 127.5mm equivalent on my D5200, so it's definitely a good choice for portrait work. The 50mm 1.8G would also serve well since it'll be about 75mm.

I think everyone should have a ~50mm equivalent lens, so the 35mm 1.8G is worth taking a look at -- though I'm not sure if that's anything you were asking for.

Hey his 5 reasons you a 50mm segment was pretty good...the Boookeeeeh!

I really dislike his videos, he's like the mythbusters: has really good ideas for tests, then ruins them to be funny and without scentific method.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back