Lenses Help

Palgie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shootex.com
Hey,

Im sorry for this stupid question but if i dont ask i wont learn.

My Camera (Fujifilm s9500) is a great camera but it takes a few seconds to take the picture, upto 2 seconds which is a pain when it comes to action shots and capturing expressions i seem to always miss the moment while my camera sorts its self out, and a few people have told me its my shutter speed, but iv looked everywhere on my camera settings it doesnt let me edit it as most of it is automaticly done.

Will a new lense solve this problem??

Palgie.

Nope new camera or you might try a high speed card but there are limits to how much a card can speed up your camera. Or should I say how fast your camera can record images.

I looked into that at the time of buying my card i got one that records the quickest, so would i need to buy a new camera as i love mine to bits atm and wasnt cheap :p

It seems you can't change the lens, they call it a "bridge-camera". One review site suggested raising the ISO to affect shutter speed. I used this technique to take in-air pictures of my kids jumping on a trampoline with my Nikon Coolpix (no manual controls). This will make the sensor more sensitive to light, allowing faster shutter speed which will freeze the action.

It says that the shutter lag is 0.01 seconds, is this what you're referring to? Or are you referring to the time it takes for the AF to lock? If it's shutter lag, all you can really do is try to anticipate the action, much easier said than done, I know. And PRACTICE! You'll get better at the anticipation part. As for the time it takes to focus, you could try a different focus mode.

Hope this helps.

Thanks that post helped alot, I tested the ISO changing, seems to be not mutch of a difference as it does still take quite a time to sort its self out.

And sorry, Yes i did mean AF not shutter speed :)

I have had quite abit of practice with anticipating the action as i have taken many photos at race tracks of cars going around tracks, its just dont like the guessing when its going to get in the shot and sometimes you dont always get it right, and also with nature shots of birds for eg i can never take a picture of a bird in flight, it always moves out of shot if im not lucky but ill stick with what iv got for now, thanks again for the help.

Palgie.

I know what you mean, I'm not good at anticipating. I get frustrated. When photographing my chickens (they move a lot and fast!) I put the camera's AF mode to continuous or AI so that the camera refocuses if the subject moves.

Most reactions

Back