Lenses

ThePhotoKid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there a lens capale of fitting all cameras? I doubt that, but I'm just curious, can a lens fit a camera such as a minolta dimage e323? What I'm really asking is that can a lens fit over the existing zoom lens thats already fixed on the camera. And if so which cameras can incorperate lenses? This probably is hard to follow, I appologize, I am new to photography, and am a little excited I found this forum. Please feel free to make fun of me or ask questions :)

Hi there and welcome aboard!
Your camera does not have lens threads so that that makes adding other lenses difficult.
There are adaptors made which grip the lens barrel and have threads such that lenses can then be fitted.
Unfortunately I don't know if one is made that fits your camera, maybe another forum member has that information?
These types of adaptors are a pain anyway because you've got to have the lens barrel extended i.e. the camera "on" before fitting it and of course it has to be removed before the camera is turned off.
That's not a bad camera to learn with so my suggestion, for what it's worth, is that you use it and enjoy and figure out what you really need in a camera and then when you're ready, upgrade.

Thanks! Yeh I like it alot, I've taken some awsome pics. And I was just wondering as I am a college student (i.e. broke) So am just trying to soak up all the information I can. Thank you very much.

This is strange to see! My husband was just telling me that there is a lens that just came on the market that I think attaches to the body of the camera, and can go on any camera, it's made with digitals in mind, I think! I'll ask him about it tonight!

Most reactions

Back