C&C Welcome!

1 _86A2181.jpg

2 _86A2196.jpg

3 _86A2205.jpg

4 _86A2234.jpg

5 _86A2243.jpg

Cute.

#5 is the winner, IMO.

I enjoyed #2, that made me smile. I agree #5 is good, she's just a little low in the frame. I'd consider trying other backgrounds, something besides a soft sofa cushion with lots of folds that cause lots of shadows creating lines.

I enjoyed #2, that made me smile. I agree #5 is good, she's just a little low in the frame. I'd consider trying other backgrounds, something besides a soft sofa cushion with lots of folds that cause lots of shadows creating lines.

Yeah...the background is a bit distracting. CUTE dog though!

Very cute.
The photos are pretty nice.
Good advice above. If you don't have a backdrop just hang a bed sheet.
I would try and get the camera at minimum, level with the dogs eyes and I often get level with the nose/mouth. It feels more personal just like a human portrait.

Just a personal opinion, but I always find cropped photos of the head of dogs more interesting than a full profile of a sitting dog. #2 is cute with the tongue, and #5 is a good catch.

As the others have said the background is terrible. It's messy and distracting, and there's way to much brown. I tend to focus on pleasing color relationships. The purple/violet of the ribbon for example is actually a complimentary color of most of the browns on the dog. In color theory warm colors advance and cool recedes which is why in your images, the background seems to be more noticeable and jumps out at you. Black or White backgrounds tend to be more neutral. I've found this to be a good reference on the subject Basic color schemes: Color Theory Introduction

This is a much tighter crop of one of a series I posted a few days ago. I think it illustrates some of what I was saying earlier. Not only is the chair a little distracting but the color makes it appear to come forward, almost touching her ears, despite the space between them. In the context of the full photo it wasn't as bad, because it was a part of the scene (she was sitting in a chair at a table), but had the rest of the background been in browns also rather than black, it wouldn't have worked, she would have been absorbed into the background.

Sadiesbirthday08202017_838-Edit.jpg

Most reactions

Back