Less Is More...

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't enter in the monthly challenge but I usually take the time to try to get a couple of shots for the fun of it. Here is just one of the many I came up w/.
Btw...is that line straight?! lol I'm the worst at figuring that out!! :lmao:
8711319234_4816cffc0d_b.jpg

I like it. But I am a sucker for rust and weathered textures anyway. If it were me I would try to burn that dark area a bit in the lower left side, but that's just nitpicking.

I love rust as well. There is a funny story that goes along w/ this shot. I got kicked out of a junkyard. lol
Today I went to one and they wouldn't even let me in. They saw the camera and said NO WAY. I assume that they're worried I'm going to take pictures of violations that are on the property. Funny thing is everyone has a camera on their phone these days. So, it doesn't really matter.
Thanks for the comment, Hugh.

I love rust as well. There is a funny story that goes along w/ this shot. I got kicked out of a junkyard. lol
Today I went to one and they wouldn't even let me in. They saw the camera and said NO WAY. I assume that they're worried I'm going to take pictures of violations that are on the property. Funny thing is everyone has a camera on their phone these days. So, it doesn't really matter.
Thanks for the comment, Hugh.

That's interesting. I've been thinking about going down to a big junkyard here called "Pull A Part" just to get some abstracts and texture photos. I'd figured I would have no problem whatsoever if I just went and told them what I was after. Now, I'm wondering. When I ever find the time to give it a try, I'll let you know how it goes!

Love the photo by the way, but yeah...rust, lines, old paint, abstractness...what's not to love? :D

Sharon, I wanted to cry today when they wouldn't let me in...hehe I drove a hour to get to this epic junkyard that has cars from the 50's in it. I think sometime this week I'm going to call and try to talk to an owner or someone. I really want in this place. It's so big that they actually give you a map so you can get back out! Happy Mother's Day to me...eh

There is a little junkyard near my house and I got kicked out of there last weekend...hehe I go there a lot though and have no problem getting in w/ my camera. I saw a sign that they closed at 1:30 and it was 2. There were still lots of people walking around so I parked and went in anyway. About a hour later while I'm still in the place, I get a text from an old friend and start having a whole conversation w/ them. I set my camera down on the hood of a car and have a seat. I see something move out of the corner of my eye and it's a guy in a truck just sitting there looking at me. We exchanged an uncomfortable stare and he finally says to me...What are you doing?! I'm like...ahhh, taking pictures? Guy tells me the place has been closed for about 1 1/2 hours and I need to get out...hehe I get moving and he follows behind me in his truck all the way to my car. lol

Last edited:
The lower part with the lock is mildly interesting but still looks too processed. The upper part lacks any clarity to add interest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back