Let Freedom Ring c&c welcomed

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So as we all know, today is the 11 year anniversary of 9/11. Being that I joined the marines right after 9/11 and that I now live in NY and also that the freedom lights were going to be on today in memory, I decided to head to a nice vantage point and shoot the NYC skyline. Below are two pictures I got. One is HDR (ugh yea I know. Just wanted to try it.) and the other is a regular one with some editing. First the regular one

Let Freedom Ring by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

I know the horizon looks off. I cant seem to get it leveled. stupid wide angle.

and now the HDR shot

Let Freedom Ring HDR by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Three exposures taken at 1min, 30sec, and 15 secs. I dont know if i like the HDR shot more or not....

I'm loving the 'regular' one. I would clone out the white specks in the sky. Especially the bigger one image left of the lights.

Very nice! Both of them have different appeal. Just curious, did you do a tonned down HDR edit? Dont get me wrong, I love a highly saturated HDR, but curious to see how it would look tonned down a little, but still keeping the nice detail.

Keep the stars btw. Rule of thumb...ALWAYS keep the stars, unless...no wait...ALWAYS. :wink:

I did not do a toned down edit. Tjo Im thinking i could. let me see what I can do with less saturation

Loving the first shot...would make a nice desktop wallpaper. I vote keep the stars too lol

heres the HDR photo but less "cooked"

$IMG_0008_09_10.jpg

Wow! Much better, I like the edit the best. Really nice job on everything though. I love how well the 2 lights show up and, well just everything.

Thanks. Wasnt sure what the reception was going to be. but so far so good.

The uncooked HDR is the winner here. Then again, I like my HDRs medium rare so I'm biased.

Thanks a lot guys. I posted the uncooked version on my facebook and tagged a bunch of people. Already getting offers to buy it. and one person wants to put it up in her shop (bakery)

Most reactions

Back