Let me introduce myself here

wildpicture

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Hans, but I have been using the name Wildpicture on the internet for over 12 years now. I have been photographing since the age of 12. At that age I also started to learn how to process my own b/w in the darkroom. My biggest passion in photography is wildlife photography, mainly on the African continent. Over the past 17 years I have traveled quite a lot and visited about a dozen different countries in Africa. Already 12 years ago I did a safari guide training in South Africa.

Besides being a freelance wildlife photographer, I am also studying Wildlife Management at the University of Pretoria (South Africa). As part of this (research) master program, I am conducting a scientific research project. My research is aimed at the management of games reserves in South Africa. The topic of my study is to analyze if there is an economic difference between managing a game reserve specifically for wildlife photography as compared to hunting. At the same time I would like to analyze what each of these options could contribute to employment and biodiversity.

As part of this research project, I have made a web survey for wildlife photographers intending to visit (South) Africa. Through this survey I would like to learn more about the profile of such photographers and the wishes and demands of these photographers with regards to their accommodation at the reserves.

I would like to invite all wildlife photographers (both preofessional and amateur) intending to travel to (South) Africa to fill in this survey. Also I would like to emphasize that all information in the survey is completely anonymous.

The address of the web survey is:
http://www.wildpicture.com/uop/photographer_survey1.htm

I hope you will take a few minutes to do the survey. The more answers I get from wildlife photographers from all over the world, the more valid the analysis will be.

Regards,
Hans

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back