let me know what you think.

I would never commit the picture to a 'look' in the camera. Make the picture and play with it in post-processing.

Hmm... I usually agree with The_Traveler, but in this case I don't. I don't know what you're going for (I'll have to look up cyanotype, or ask that you provide a description) but I like to shoot as much as possible in the camera, not in front of the computer. I know digital allows me to do that, but there's something fun about working on location, with just the camera and your skills.

If in doubt, do both: get a good exposure to work on at home, and then try to do it in-camera.

A cyanotype should look like a high contrast image made of blue (the background paper color) and white. There's no black in a cyanotype.

Hmm... I usually agree with The_Traveler, but in this case I don't. I don't know what you're going for (I'll have to look up cyanotype, or ask that you provide a description) but I like to shoot as much as possible in the camera, not in front of the computer. I know digital allows me to do that, but there's something fun about working on location, with just the camera and your skills.

If in doubt, do both: get a good exposure to work on at home, and then try to do it in-camera.

Actually I sort of meant that but was tripped up by my awkward ways with English.

I would get the final image as much as possible but would never foreclose on other possibilities by an irrevocable choice in camera. So I would get the best view as possible of subject, background, focus, dof etc and then commit to B&W, cyanotype, sepia, etc. in the Post-Processing stages.

honestly, I don't photoshop any of my pictures, maybe I should but I'm not too good with photoshop and I like to get the best picts I can with just my camera. (unedited versions)

honestly, I don't photoshop any of my pictures, maybe I should but I'm not too good with photoshop and I like to get the best picts I can with just my camera. (unedited versions)

So do we all but sometimes reality just isn't what we want and altering things using in-camera effects is no different than post-processing except you have less control and flexibility when you let the little man in the camara make decisons for you.

Most reactions

Back