doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found my new sigma 105mm 2.8 macro in the mail today :boogie:
I can get so close to stuff now. Made some test shots on the eyes of my bearded dragons, looks pretty cool.
Going to Amsterdam Zoo somewhere this week, they got a very cool butterfly garden there. Seems to me thats the best place to test it properly :)
The only thing i noticed is that the autofocus is rather slow. Never really looked into that, but for what i read now is that that is normal.
Anyways, im happy :D
Thats all

Doenoe,

I would honestly not use AF in macro photography. It is better to use manual and move yourself or manual focus in order to get the shot into focus. This is especially true if you are doing hand held shots at a large aperture...AF is a nightmare in this scenario.

Daan's got a new toy Whhooooooooooooooo!!!!!

well, i feel like a total dumba$$. You can slide the focus ring back and forth. To the front is to manual focus and slide it back is for auto focus. The autofocus works alot better now. Luckely i didnt play with it too much, maybe could have destroyed the motor then.
But im gonna learn the whole manual thing too. Dont think i ever did that, but i have to start someday i guess :)
And LP always gets excited when i get new toys (dont think anything strange now)

Macro is a beautiful thing, it lets you see the world in a whole different way.

ive been testing the lens for a bit and the pics look really sharp. Really gonna put it to the test on friday. Going to the butterfly garden then. Exciting :D

Ooh have fun! I can't wait to see the results :)

Most reactions

Back