Lets Add a Reputation Feature

TUX424

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought of this idea while viewing one of the other forums that i belong to(It's not a photoforum). Anyway i was thinking that one of the MOD could add a feature that would allow people to have reputation so the newbies to the site such as me have a better idea for who is a trustable source when giving advice. I think that it would be pretty simple just have a bar at the bottom of there posting that said +rep this person or somthing. Any it was just an idea not a big idea if it never gets off the ground. Just thought that it would be a way to improve the site. PM or write here if anyone has any questions.
PS i could get a screen shot of what it lookes it looks like at other fourms.
Thanks for viewing :D

It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but it wouldn't be indicative of the quality of the information, nor the trustworthyness of it. Look at how many people voted for Bush :)

No!
there are some reputation vote methods like this round the net, but the only ones that work like you say are where the votes are moderated by a chosen panel of key members - that way it avoids people just voting for the heck of it - it also stops vote collectors just registering a few different accounts and adding their own votes to themselves

edit - this site did have a rep feature at one time in its past - and it did not work (ie members were not mature ;)) so it was removed

We had the reputation feature for a while. I don't know all the details but it wasn't really working as it was supposed to, so we ditched it.

Abused by members to the point of total meaninglessness. It's unlikely we'll ever flip that switch again. :lol:

well my bad i was unaware that, that feat. was once here since i have only been here since aug. 200
my mistake

well my bad i was unaware that, that feat. was once here since i have only been here since aug. 200
my mistake

Even if you mean AD, that is quite a long time! :lmao:

I have seen mega repping - but never infinite repping!

ive seen its over -9000 rep
and i ment aug. 2008 haha
:D

It was a great idea. Gave us something to do.
But seriously, it got abused, and became a popularity contest. I lost.:lol:

If there were only a way to make reputations part of our permanent record!

I seem to remember that it was also abused by the Mods. Didn't someone get given infinite bad rep? :lol:
You're right! I do recall that member. That was Chase playing, if memory serves. :lol:

It was a golden moment when we decided to turn it off! :D

You could always turn it on and rename it "popularity" instead of reputation just for giggles.

You could always turn it on and rename it "popularity" instead of reputation just for giggles.
True! But you know how that goes....once you hear the same joke over and over, it eventually loses the ability to make you giggle. :sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back