Let's go fly a kite

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So the other day I was sent out to photograph the owner of a mobile kite store. I've had to shoot people flying kites before and I was not looking forward to this. The kites are always small and way up in the air, making it hard to shoot them in any way other than a super wide vertical.

As I approached the marina I saw a medium sized, parachute-shaped kite flying. Figured this would be the same situation I've faced other summers. Then I parked and walked over the hill.

I have never seen kites like these before. They were basically small hot air balloons. Pretty incredible.

kitefestival21_ph01.jpg

kitefestival21_ph02.jpg

kitefestival21_ph04.jpg

kitefestival21_ph06.jpg

kitefestival21_ph07.jpg

kitefestival21_ph09.jpg

kitefestival21_ph10.jpg

kitefestival21_ph14.jpg

Last edited:
How cool is that?!?! I especially like the 4th and 5th photos, really interesting perspectives.

Also: Pixmedic *really* needs the shirt that girl's wearing. :D

she obviously has very refined taste in men. she looks a little young for me though.

Wicked cool! I've had a lot of kites, including some pretty fancy stunt kites, but I've NEVER had one I could stand up inside. Great work Dan!

Awesome shots! I have seen similar here at our annual "kite festival" in Long Beach. But never had the opportunity to stand inside one, I'm sure the client was pleased with the outcome.

Wow, those look awesome...although I can imagine they are a handful to control & use.

Well done on the photos Dan.

Most reactions

Back