Lets have another go at this critique thing.... Newborn Twins

Katz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I promise not to get defensive with this one.... ;)

6 week old twin boys, parents love selective coloring, wanted something special with the two of them because 3 years earlier they had a set of twins and one didn't make it and they never got professional pics of them together. So this was an important shoot for them....

Be honest, what do you think of this picture?

BoysRingsbwSColor.jpg

It's a lot of gray....but if you like it that way, then don't listen to me. I'd just like to see a tad more contrast.

I agree with timbearden, but I love the idea of the shot!

Cute shot, is very flat though and needs more tone variation.. upping the midtones and then increasing contrast should really make this stand out. Looks like it may need sharpening too? I can't really tell from the small version.

I agree with everyone on the contrast. I really LOVE the picture though! That's a really neat way to showcase the bond that twins have - beautiful concept!

Too flat for my tastes, I'd like to see more contrast and more shadow/highlight detail. Other than that, it's a nice capture.

I just learned a new trick for cs3 recently that I love. It helps the picture to *pop*. You may want to try it out for fun. Also, I think I would do a little tighter crop off taking space off the right of the picture.

I hope it is okay for me to edit your picture. Underneath your username it didn't specify. The adjustments I did here was a crop, the *pop* which I've included instructions on below, and some vignetting.

twins.jpg

Duplicate background layer
Change layer from normal to soft light
Click on filter - other - high pass (I put mine at about 90).
I then change the opacity on the layer (40%-70%) until it is where I like it.
Sometimes if the skin looks blotchy I'll use the eraser tool over the skin.

I just learned a new trick for cs3 recently that I love. It helps the picture to *pop*. You may want to try it out for fun. Also, I think I would do a little tighter crop off taking space off the right of the picture.

I hope it is okay for me to edit your picture. Underneath your username it didn't specify. The adjustments I did here was a crop, the *pop* which I've included instructions on below, and some vignetting.

twins.jpg

Duplicate background layer
Change layer from normal to soft light
Click on filter - other - high pass (I put mine at about 90).
I then change the opacity on the layer (40%-70%) until it is where I like it.
Sometimes if the skin looks blotchy I'll use the eraser tool over the skin.

Nice image and I like the edit very much. The only other thing I'd suggest it to smooth out the few hard fold lines/wrinkles in the fabric a little. Or iron beforehand.

Is one mom's engagement ring and one her wedding ring - so both Mom's? If so, if dad wears a ring, it would be nice to see it featured - give one baby mom's ring(s) and the other baby gets dad's ring.

Most reactions

Back