Lets See Your Camera

WOW! An old Sears camera.......very cool! And the price was right. Congrats!

I seem to be on a roll. Last night I came across this Nikon FG for super cheap. The price of a couple of lattes. Battery was dead of course. Owner had no idea if it worked or not. Came with a flash unit and two lenses. This 50mm, and a 75-240mm.

I got it home, and after changing batteries, I thought maybe I had bought a lemon. Very small investment, so ya win some ya lose some. The mirror was stuck in the up position. I couldn't figure out how to get it to stay down. Advance lever wouldn't move. Shutter button wouldn't actuate.So, after a half hour or so of scratching my head, I did a search, and found a post that said to try changing the shutter speed to bulb, because maybe the shutter cycle had not completed. Guess what? I switched to bulb, and click....it went down, and I now have a perfectly functioning Nikon FG. I know that they aren't Nikon's finest work, but it looks to be a decent enough camera.
IMG_4184ggggg.jpg

The A1... oficially not weather sealed but still going strong ;)
View attachment 168654
I recently sold all of my A-Series Canon......well, i still have a pair of AT-1, but.........I thought the A-1 was a fine camera. I shot it (probably) for a solid two years. So i was very comfortable with it.
I had a pair of them, and they never let me down.
I did not really cared for the way the A-Series meter in manual mode, but you get used to it.
After i got my F-1 New working again, i had no real need for the A-1 or AE-1P.

Here's my latest find. Picked it up for next to nothing. Installed a battery, and everything works! This thing is built like a tank. The lens that came on it is also in great condition.

IMG_4335kkkk.jpg
IMG_4333kkk.jpg

Here's my latest find. Picked it up for next to nothing. Installed a battery, and everything works! This thing is built like a tank. The lens that came on it is also in great condition.

View attachment 169206 View attachment 169207

I think my sister had almost that exact camera-lens combo. I had given her the lens and it was the first time I bought from one of the big NY photo stores - and first time to buy Tokina (I think it was around '80).

This Tokina 35-105mm has something called "Close Focus". How is this different from a Macro lens? I'm not sure I understand what it is.

Macro is when the subject is projected on the film plane at its natural size, 1:1, or larger. Close focus just means you can get close to the subject but its still not close enough to achieve Macro terms. At least that's my understanding

Here are two that I picked up today. The Pentax Super Program only needed batteries, and all seems good to go. The Minolta needed batteries, but I'm not sure the meter is working correctly. It light up, but the red triangle stays at the top of the scale even if I move the aperture or the shutter dial.
IMG_4353kkkk.jpg
IMG_4355kkkkk.jpg

You didn't say which mode(s) your XD11 was set for (M,A or S) but that lens is an MC type so only the A and M modes will work with it. To use the S mode you need to use an MD mount lens.

That is assuming the camera is fully functional, of course.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back