Let's talk theft of images...

Stillcapture, your rowboat has lots of holes in it and you're way out in the middle of the deep blue ocean. We can save you, but you have to stop acting like this idiot doesn't deserve everything that he's going to get.

Nothing would make me happier than reading a follow-up to this article in one year and seeing he was taken to court and sued to bankruptcy :).

Steve5D said:
And how much are you willing to spend for whatever the minimal return you'll realize would be?

Because odds are that Dude's not kicking around with $150 large to pay you with...

But if he goes bankrupt will send a nice friendly reminder not to steal peoples hard work.

Bankruptcy is awesome!

Bitter Jeweler said:
Bankruptcy is awesome!

Hell yeah I wanna piece of that action! Damaged credit for a decade whooo hooo!

Bitter Jeweler said:
Bankruptcy is awesome!

Hell yeah I wanna piece of that action! Damaged credit for a decade whooo hooo!

:biglaugh:

Pfft!

I filed.

Turned around and bought a car a year later. Bought a house, FHA, no money down a year after that.
It's really not a big deal.
11 years later, aside from the house, business excluded, I am debt free and have a credit score of 760.

Bitter Jeweler said:

Pfft!

I filed.

Turned around and bought a car a year later. Bought a house, FHA, no money down a year after that.
11 years later, aside from the house, business excluded, I am debt free and have a credit score of 760.

You get all that with bankruptcy damn! I'm doing the s$&& the hard way lol.

When donations open up for the legal fund to sue the ass off this guy-I'll drop in my $50 and so will a WHOLE LOT of other people just the same as has been done before and will be done after this idiot.

The guy, clearly, is an idiot. This really can't be argued.

But, hey, show of hands here: How many people here honestly believe that suing the guy, for $150,000.00 per infraction, would truly be worth both the time and expense required to successfully secure a judgement against him?

Bitter Jeweler said:

Pfft!

I filed.

You get all that with bankruptcy damn! I'm doing the s$&& the hard way lol.

I got a fresh start with bankruptcy, and I still had to work hard to get all that I have.

Had gay marriage been legal, I would have filed for divorce, and been able to handle the situation, the money I put into a house, a different way.

Bitter Jeweler said:
I got a fresh start with bankruptcy, and I still had to work hard to get all that I have.

Had gay marriage been legal, I would have filed for divorce, and been able to handle the situation, the money I put into a house, a different way.

Lol gotcha so I take it was much needed reboot.

Bitter Jeweler said:

Yes.
I was carrying dept on something I was no longer apart of, and could never recoup on the expendature, yet would have to carry that debt, at someone elses gain. I didn't take the decision lightly, but it turned out to be the best option, and the best decision to make. It would have cost a lot more to file a suit against the ex, and very difficult to win, since people of my ilk lack the same protections of the rest of society.

I was really scared of filing. But it really isn't that big of a deal.
That's my point, in relation to this thread. If the guy in this thread is sued, and they win, he can file bankruptcy. And doing so isn't such a big deal, and won't "ruin" him for the future.

Last edited:
Bitter Jeweler said:

Yes.
I was carrying dept on something I was no longer apart of, and could never recoup on the expendature, yet would have to carry that debt, at someone elses gain. I didn't take the decision lightly, but it turned out to be the best option, and the best decision to make. It would have cost a lot more to file a suit against the ex, and very difficult to win, since people of my ilk lack the same protections of the rest of society.

I was really scared of filing. But it really isn't that big of a deal.
That's my point, in relation to this thread. If the guy in this thread is sued, and they win, he can file bankruptcy. And doing so isn't such a big deal, and won't "ruin" him for the future.

Hopefully half of the injured parties will wait till right after his bankruptcy is discharged to file suit.

BULLSEYE for Steve5D & Bitter Jeweler. I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but the time put forth to pursue this particular guy, without a doubt would be a waste. Time is the most important thing we have. Money wasted can be repaired. Time wasted cannot. Even if time weren't an issue, the courts won't and wouldn't bleed a 'stone'. Although was an ass, s/he/they took action of removal within a day or two. We all wish it were never done in first place, and wish for no attitude. However, the images were removed and a public apology was given. You can only push further if you can prove s/he/they monetarily gained from the images, which it doesn't look like s/he/they did as there was no work apparently s/he/they did. I agree, we aren't happy with this person(s), but they are small beans and like Bitter Jeweler and Steve5D are pointing out, no gains will be made other than bragging rights, which in this case, would make us no better than them. We live in a litigious era, to contribute to that instead of our passion, adds to the "none of this makes sense" when it comes down to no gains to be met.

Last edited:
I can't understand stealing photos from school portrait companies (a lot of stolen images were from Prestige). Run of the mill, boring photography. At least steal something amazing. lol

ETA: didn't see it mentioned, I could have missed it, but his website is now down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back