Lexi at homecoming

mgblunt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lexi at homecoming.jpeg

Lexi before the homecoming dance. Shot with a Nikon D3200 and a off camera speed light with a shoot through umbrella.

Very nice! The focus on the eyes might be just a tad soft, but overall- excellent. What a happy and beautiful young lady.

Nicely done; a couple of thoughts that might have made it stronger: Turning her body slightly off-axis would have presented a more pleasing form avoided the dreaded "football shoulders"; and shooting in vertical or portrait aspect would have allowed you to bring the bottom of the image farther below her bust line. Also, as a general compositional point, avoid centering the subject in the image, especially in a landscape orientation.

Pretty good for a horizontal shot of a standing person. Focal length appears a tad short, making her nose look a wee bit large, yet still, it has a feeling of "being there". You used the background grass and shadows pretty well.

Nicely done; a couple of thoughts that might have made it stronger: Turning her body slightly off-axis would have presented a more pleasing form avoided the dreaded "football shoulders"; and shooting in vertical or portrait aspect would have allowed you to bring the bottom of the image farther below her bust line. Also, as a general compositional point, avoid centering the subject in the image, especially in a landscape orientation.
Thank you for the tips I'm improving but I see what you are saying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back