Liability Insurance?

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Professionals - How much are you paying for your liability insurance and what does it cover? I'm looking for a new general liability insurance policy (I think the basic ones cover up to around $1,000,000) and would like to bundle it with insurance on my equipment. Any suggestions on companies? Thanks.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
I had a recent quote (Canada) for $2000,000 liability/specified perils, and (IIRC) 100% coverage on up to $50,000 in equipment damage/loss (any circumstance/location) for ~$1000/year. From what I understand it can be considerably cheaper if purchased through the PPA.

CCericola

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.csjstudios.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Check out Hill and Usher. They offer a very small discount to PPA members based on the quotes I got before and after joining PPA. Before I joined they quoted me about $575 for $2,000,000 liability and $15,000 for equipment.

OP
Restomage

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Check out Hill and Usher. They offer a very small discount to PPA members based on the quotes I got before and after joining PPA. Before I joined they quoted me about $575 for $2,000,000 liability and $15,000 for equipment.
That's not too bad. One of my other photo friends is paying 70 a month through Calumet.

dnavarrojr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.topekadesign.com
Photos OK to edit
Hmm, I think I'm getting screwed... I just got my policy through State Farm (my home and car insurance provider) with $1mil liability and $10k equipment (no deductable) for $93/month. That's with their discount for my already being a customer and being with them for 4 years.

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightart.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you are in Canda check out the PPOC, the coverage you can get through them is great.

Most reactions

New Topics