License plate editing - question

Sinister_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to figure out how to remove the numbers/letters on a license plate but keep the background, I have seen it done before and can't figure out how to do it. Anybody know how and willing to share?

thanks!

What program are you using?

You can also check out this thread.

I am using photoshop cs5, sorry forgot to mention that!

Zoom in really close,
and use paint brush ^-^

Just use content aware healing, through the spot healing brush. Problem solved.

In LR i would use the clone tool, works wonders. Same applies for PS

Why worry about it? :lmao:

If the car has a license plate, people can see the plate everytime the car is out on the street.

If the car has a license plate, people can see the plate everytime the car is out on the street.

Is this a serious question? Because how many more people are on the internet compared to on the streets? You do know that you can find people's address/name off somebody's plate number right?

Nothing personal, but if you're using CS5 and don't know how to do this very simple task any number of different ways, perhaps you should just open it in MS Paint, draw a box around the plate, hit CTRL-X, hit CTRL-S then go back to your regularly scheduled program.

I am trying to figure out how to remove the numbers/letters on a license plate but keep the background,

It depends on the background. Can you post the image?

It's the washington state plate. So it's kind of hard to do since the background image is of mount rainier.

Is this a serious question? Because how many more people are on the internet compared to on the streets? You do know that you can find people's address/name off somebody's plate number right?
If I had to guess, I would say that there are approximately 5 times as many people on the streets as there are on the internet...

Who cares what you can find from a plate number? That's public information... Someone could probably get the same info (or more) from that post you just made...

It's the washington state plate. So it's kind of hard to do since the background image is of mount rainier.

Open a blank layer above the image. Use a small, hard-edge brush. Sample the blue and paint out the numbers
where they overlap the blue areas. Switch to white for the white areas. No need to be too precise about the
shapes of the snow areas on the mountain. They're just random shapes.

layers.jpg

plate.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back