Licensing/Pricing a Very Large Outdoor Display

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was contacted by a 'non-profit museum'. They are interested in one of my wildlife images for their re-designed outdoor display. It's going to be around 22' x 16' (yes feet). They have a company that makes the display, they just need the file.

Any idea on how much to charge?

How many cars a day drive by the billboard in a direction the billboard message can be seen, and is it just the one billboard.

I would start by asking them what their budget is. It's unlikely that a museum will understand commercial licensing and would balk at 'normal' pricing. FWIW, I would think if this were a commercial client (ev McDonald's) this would be a $5-10,000 job.

I suspect this will come down to their offering a price and you deciding if it works.

I

I would start by asking them what their budget is. It's unlikely that a museum will understand commercial licensing and would balk at 'normal' pricing. FWIW, I would think if this were a commercial client (ev McDonald's) this would be a $5-10,000 job.

I suspect this will come down to their offering a price and you deciding if it works.

Didn't want to do that, but if all else fails...

$10 - $20 per square foot?

Didn't want to do that, but if all else fails...
Agree, but unless this is one helluva rich museum...

I'll bet the museum is familiar with stock photographs and how much stock photos costs.
What it will boil down to is what type of licensing they want - the broad usage and 100s of thousands of reproductions RF licensing usually allows, or exclusive use, limited usage, and a limited time frame RM license.

If they want an RF license they are likely hoping to use your photos for free.

Those have RF licenses that do not allow commercial use, not RM licenses.

What? All non-editorial RF licenses are good for commercial use. Even free ones for the most part. The facility has no need for a RM license here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back