LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
lichenonskull.jpg

Actually these two engravings were on one and the same old headstone that I found on a no-longer-in-use cemetery in Brandenburg in summer. I wondered about converting them both into b+w with some tint and so on but then the colour of the lichen would have gone on the photo of the skull. Do you think that one would have been darker had I converted it? (It would definitely have needed another title, I say).

Here is Time Is Up then:

timeisup.jpg

I still don't feel like a through-and-through darksider, but I guess these qualify for here?

yea these are fine the DS gallery!.... nicely done corinna... i see you tried out the seperate light source technique?.... works well with these as it improves the detail in the stone... good job :thumbup:

I did?
I tried out the separate light source technique?
Really?

Didn't know that. :oops:

There was an evening sun shining through the leaves of some surrounding trees there ... I remember as much ... :scratch:

But oh so cool if you like these!!! :D
(I took these earlier than when you and I met, and I am STILL working my way through THOSE photos... groan!)

Which do you think is more "darkside" then?
The skull because it is a skull?
(But then not so much because of the colour?)
Or the hourglass because of its PS treatment?

ahhh im wrong! (<and i dont admit that often! :mrgreen: ).... i thought by the look of the skull one, that you had used a seperate light source because of the lighter area and strong shadow....
.... but now you mention the sun shining through the leaves, thats probably what im seeing. ;)

I actually prefer the treatment of the second to fit the 'dark side' theme... i just think it looks more gothic in those tones, than in colour like the skull. Although they both have 'creepiness' in thier own right.

Thanks Archie, you seem to be the only one to come looking at my lame attempts at being "darkside" at all. I much appreciate that (more so since "darkside" is not my natural way of being, I more feel like "the cheerful one" :biggrin: ).

LaFoto said:
Thanks Archie, you seem to be the only one to come looking at my lame attempts at being "darkside" at all.

hahahah...don't be sad. I'm looking at your pictures too. But I'm no expert in darkside critique. I can only say I really like #2. It's the DOF, and I can almost feel the texture. Super!

pascal

Cool stuff Corinna. Love the tones in the second shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back