Lido Deck

Provo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4522481499_88398f29bf_b.jpg

Thats one busy picture. But a pleasure to look around and see what there is to see. I like this one. The people are good for scale. But they dont interfere with the viewing. The only problem is the dirty sky. But thats fixable.

Last edited:
While I can sort of see what you are getting at LaFoto, each of those Model Ship examples are clearly models. Poor photography using terrible depth of field and devoid of people for scale. Hardly a comparison at all with the OP's posting.

I never tried to pass those photos off as "the real thing" and always said, they were only just models, as I've never been on a cruise liner in all my life, and all I've ever seen of them was in the Meyer Shipyard in Oldenburg. Thanks for the "poor photography", when they were all under glas, flash therefore excluded itself, and I had so an so many angles working for me.

But I never meant for this to become my thread, as it isn't, it is Provo's thread and about his impressive photo of the deck of a cruise liner on which he must have been, really, in person, to take this photo, while I have never...

Nah dude it's real I will show you when I get home from work I will post a short vid with a link for you.

Too cool that it's real, must have been a thrill to be on board of such a huge ship, like I said, I've never been, only have I seen one ready to leave the yard when we got our guided tour round Meyer's in Papenburg (the "Celebrity Eclipse" was nearly finished and ready to be launched). Now I'm curious to also see the video! :D

You gave your pic some nice HDR treatment? Ah, of course. Silly me for asking: we're in the "HDR discussions"-forum. :confused:

LaFoto I thought perhaps those shots were promotional put out by the shipping company. By poor photography I meant the shallow depth of field for close up objects. It never works for me. Close the lens down, use a ND filter or two, a tripod and a long exposure. Hopefully the depth of field will be enough to give a decent shot.

Here is the link to the video I had edited portions of the video are that of princess cruise lines. This is 4:44 short clip of the original
sorry for it being so small original video is in HD with SD portions so resizing a 16:9 format and compressing it was too much for a such a short clip
Sequence01-1.flv video by digitalintegrity - Photobucket

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back