Life around a Flower.

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Flowers are rare for me to shoot, so I thought I would give it whirl C&C welcome

IMG_4974-02.jpg

IMG_4977-01c.jpg

IMG_4911-01.jpg

Neat idea. If you take all of these pictures alone, rather than in a series, the first seem to be the only one that emphasizes the flower. And yet, in a series, they all do. Wonderful idea, well executed. :thumbsup:

midget patrol said:
Neat idea. If you take all of these pictures alone, rather than in a series, the first seem to be the only one that emphasizes the flower. And yet, in a series, they all do. Wonderful idea, well executed. :thumbsup:

That is a very good point! I really like them as a series for that reason as well. #2 is my favorite.

I'm glad you did and very happy about HOW you do take us from the flower away to what all is around it ... and you frame it all so nicely. It would have been a pity if you and your camera had stayed away from photographing this flower! Yes. A pity. The world would have been poorer without this photos of yours! Oh yes. I mean it.

I'm glad no one's making me decide on an absolute favourite here, with the need to describe why that one is the one I like best, for I find that hard to do. I do like the first because the red is so intense there and you have a wonderful bokeh.

I like the second because of its overall composition. I really like your composition in 2. Very!

And three is interesting because the flower gets more and more "pushed" to the background :D.

Thank you for the comments

I started out taking a picture of the tractor looking for some kind of abstract in it, then noticed the stonework then the flower. Will go back for the stonework/steps under a different light, kinda like the broken down old look of them.

Wow I love #1 and #2, I think #2 is my favourite though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back