Life in the sun

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few I've taken over the past week. People pictures are more of snapshots, all C&C is welcome but I'm looking for critique on the landscapes mostly.

#1 - I've been taking a bunch of sunset pictures lately but I finally found a foreground -- this fence.

the_promised_land_by_pianoblack97-d4ropoo.jpg

#2 - Brilliant day in rural Georgia. Are these good proportions for portraying wide open space?

wide_open_by_pianoblack97-d4rophq.jpg

#3 - Snapshot, though I had alot of setup. This is on a huge trestle near my apartment that spans the Oconee River. I was having a hard time integrating both the vastness of the river and the depth of the bridge. Any ideas on how I could improve this?

brittley_by_pianoblack97-d4ryb9g.jpg

#4 - Went back to the Kaolin mines(clay) about 30 minutes from my town. I liked the composition in this shot

twin_peaks_by_pianoblack97-d4rvafc.jpg

#1: i think if the sun was more available with and also with more light.... this would have been a better image
#2: Such 'receding' style i always love...classic!!!
#3; this looks very artificial
#4: very classic composition......

What makes #3 look artificial? For some background, I stitched together three portrait oriented shots to get the final product.

#2 - I have earlier shots with more sun, will post when I get home.

What makes #3 look artificial?
May be i am wrong ...but she looks a bit nervous and as if she was saying"hurry up; i am uncomfortable" ;)

Yes; waiting to see the Sun image :D

Ah, that kind of artificial. she was pretty photo-shy and she was also sitting on the edge of a 60 foot drop into a fast moving river so a little uneasiness is to be expected :p perhaps this would have been a better shot to use?
425461_2315020551215_1120471979_33308912_1574878421_n.jpg

While some might think the powerlines are distracting in #2, I enjoy it, it adds another patterned element to the shot.

You know photography is a personal thing, like a artist and his paintings. Photography outside the NORM, make your own statement just keep shooting. Good luck to you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back