Life's simple pet peeves

Not knowing exactly what the speedlight stand was for my sb-600 when I got it several months ago and set it aside and now knowing what it is and not being able to find it. :grumpy::cry::oops:

Hypocrits in general. For example, my girlfriend making a huge mess, not cleaning it up and then yelling at me for leaving any type of mess. And even worse, getting mad at me for putting off doing the dishes and then taking 2 days to do it herself.

The drunk in a club who wants to "see" my camera by attempting to yank it out of my hands. A quick way to an early demise.

Hypocrits in general. For example, my girlfriend making a huge mess, not cleaning it up and then yelling at me for leaving any type of mess. And even worse, getting mad at me for putting off doing the dishes and then taking 2 days to do it herself.

Girls are always right. Haven't you learnt that?

Haha! This one hits home pretty good for me.

My wife makes more of a mess cleaning up a mess.

On top of that, our 8 month old dishwasher just broke yesterday. Can't get anyone to look at it until May 10th! She's on a rampage now from having to hand wash dishes!

If she doesn't make three times the mess cleaning them up, maybe I'll help out :D

Speaking of the "other half" and family, another pet peeve I have. I have 2 girls, age 7 and 4. Guess what they want to eat all the time? Cookies, candy, snackcakes, Cheetos, etc. They get a snack of something, say Cheetos. They get them in a bowl. Half an hour later, they say they are hungry and want another snack. This time, the wife cuts them up an apple or gives them grapes or something. What does she give it to them in? Another clean bowl! That half an hour ago bowl that simply only had Cheetos, or a single cookie in isn't good enough to now have a cut up apple in.

And, guess what? Ha ha! Now that's twice the amount of bowls that she has to hand wash since the dishwasher is broken until May 10th! Karma :D

Thats fine, but they shouldn't be surprised when there kicked to the curb with attitudes like that. :lmao:

We have had a calender in our kitchen for the 35 years of our relationship. Each time I am allowed to be correct, I can put a mark in the calender. Every time I can prove Cathy was wrong, I can put a mark in the calender. There was one mark in a calender once, but I was mistaken.

Today's pet peeve for me - people who think they know everything and are always right, all the while making everyone else out to be idiots because they do not agree.

Being stuck the in middle-of-nowhere due to road closures. :grumpy:

People who ask you a question then interrupt multiple times as you answer. I think I'm going to keep talking next time and totally ignore what they say.....

Not being able to get the right amount of sleep ever. 6 hours, 12 hours, 8 hours? Never feel refreshed. :grumpy:

Those un-solicited phone calls that always come in the middle of an interesting programme or a meal. The worst are those who ask for you by name! One did that when i was a the bottom of the garden and Diane insisted i must know them as the asked for Philip. Big mistake - said not the best time could I call them back. It was a financial advisor who gave me the number and I called back about 2am . . .seemed quite upset to be called at such an inconvenient time until i pointed out that he had no idea what i was doing when he entered my life. As I said that if i had any more calls from that company - he was my contact number, somehow I was removed from their list.

Most reactions

Back