Light and shadow on a cloudy day

Amocholes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was playing around with some processing and treated this one like an IR shot. Flickr resized it, which made it darker than my final image and lost some of the detail. I kind of like the way it turned out. It was a grey and dreary day and the processing seemed to accentuate the foggy aspect.

C&C?

5205987241_1fa2da3eec_b.jpg

I also like the treatment of this photo, it is definitely different. I have been in the deep woods on early evenings during the winter with similar conditions such as this photo. It is always very quiet during this time.

I shoot a lot in the woods. Don't you just hate the fact that mother nature sticks trees in the way of great vision... the small tree leaning to the right in the foreground is a "pain in the photo".
I try to find ways around them, but most times the image is not the same from different angles.

Thanks, In the full size version I think that little tree adds something. It was actually dead and completely charred. There was evidence of a fire in the not too distant past. It was very quiet but the picture was actually done in the middle of the afternoon.

You're right though, there always seems to be a tree in the way of that great shot.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back