Light and Shadow? Sharp as a Bic.

LightSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Practice makes perfect.
So don't be afraid to practice.
I am LightSpeed, and I approve this message.
6724264333_172ce9e7ce_z.jpg

Make a bic lighter look good, no comment.
Buy a camera and start your own photography business the very next day...........16 pages.
facepalm-diving-board-pool-demotivational-posters-1301436624.jpg

Make a bic lighter look good, no comment.
Buy a camera and start your own photography business the very next day...........16 pages.
facepalm-diving-board-pool-demotivational-posters-1301436624.jpg

:lol:

I never saw this thread, because I haven't been around in a while... not like you were sitting around waiting for *me* specifically anyway... but since I'm here...

How did you light it?

The lighting looks kinda... I don't wanna say "flat" because I don't think that's the right word, but I think it could be better? It almost looks like you might have lit it from below somehow? But of course that could be the sick monsters running through my brain destroying the way it's interpreting visual cues. :lmao:

I don't know a thing about lighting. But the first thing I saw was the the loss of the outline in the upper left corner of the lighter. It doesn't just fall off like the red trigger (which is also a little dark) all the detail in the top is lost. The whole image just looks a bit underexposed.

What's happenin Emily!
Close.
I'm just playin around with a new ring flash.
Can't give away all my secrets. But if you weren't married I might consider it. lol
Like that's ever mattered to me.

Oh and I'm glad you chimed in. You've gotten really good.
I like seein your stuff.

What's happenin Emily!
Close.
I'm just playin around with a new ring flash.
Can't give away all my secrets. But if you weren't married I might consider it. lol
Like that's ever mattered to me.

:lol:

Oh and I'm glad you chimed in. You've gotten really good.
I like seein your stuff.

Aw, thanks! :hug::

I agree with what Left said about the top being dark though.

I don't know a damned thing about flash rings... I've never even seen one in person, let alone used one, haha, however, I think this would work better if you had your key light a little to one side (lit from more above than below so the top of the lighter isn't so dark) and then a fill (or a reflector) on the other side to fill in.

Although I'm a very visual kind of person. There have been plenty of times when I thought something would work in my head and then I end up changing it on the fly after I see it in action :lol:

I don't know a thing about lighting. But the first thing I saw was the the loss of the outline in the upper left corner of the lighter. It doesn't just fall off like the red trigger (which is also a little dark) all the detail in the top is lost. The whole image just looks a bit underexposed.
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!
Why I never.
I have never taken a bad picture in my entire life. I usually take C&C very well.............UNTIL YOU came along.
How dare you insult my image. You should be ashamed of yourself. Are you? WELL?
I'll have you know that I just got my camera last week and I already have 14 clients.

Now.....
6724564377_d33a099d9c_b.jpg

TAKE THAT!
LOL

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!
Why I never.
I have never taken a bad picture in my entire life. I usually take C&C very well.............UNTIL YOU came along.
I'll have you know that I just got my camera last week and I already have 14 clients.

:biglaugh:

Now.....

TAKE THAT!
LOL

That's *better*, but you still have shadowing on the top that could stand to disappear.

[Pretend I said something really witty about your 14 clients here. I tried really hard to come up with something, but it's just not happening right now. :lmao: ]

nice :)

too bad mr. cyclops is... you know.... well..... i won't even say it. but you know... yeah, you know...

:)

No no no no no.
I wanted the shadow. I was doing the Cgipson , " light and shadow thing"
The freggin dinosaur was 25 bucks so I had to settle for a 99 cent bic.

But in reality, I just got the ring flash yesterday and was just trying it out.
For some of my other stuff that you may or may not have seen.

I'm big into macro and wildlife.........or anything else that comes down the pike.
I don't have a studio and don't know shyt about studio work.
lol

TwoTwoLeft : I'm just pullin ur chain man. Don't get mad at me.
I'm just playin around. High 5.

Emily, I'm gonna hire you to shoot my wedding. I have 14 women I have to pick from so this may take a while.
Seriously though...........you're good people Erose.

No no no no no.

Totally missed that thread... this is what happens when I disappear from here too long, dammit. :lol:

Emily, I'm gonna hire you to shoot my wedding. I have 14 women I have to pick from so this may take a while.

:biglaugh: HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's okay... by the time you pick, I might actually be capable of shooting a wedding. You know where to find me when you're ready! :sexywink: :lmao:

nice :)

too bad mr. cyclops is... you know.... well..... i won't even say it. but you know... yeah, you know...

:)

lol

Well well well, look who it is.
The guy who speaks multiple languages, fluently. Goes out and gets a knock your socks off night shot his first try.
Where the HELL have you been?

i've been trying to learn this dang exposure triangle, and trying to get an eye...

neither is working out so well.

i just spent an hour in the kitchen shooting glasses filled with colored water, and just got nothing but a bunch of crap.

the little one has had exams this week, and practicing her butt off for a Violin solo competition in a few weeks.. so she hasn't been shooting much.

we're going out friday. supposed to snow. hopefully we can get some good black n whites.

i've been posting in the project thread, but not here for c&c cuz i haven't taken anything worthy of it :(

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!
Why I never.

Now.....

TAKE THAT!
LOL

:lmao: I just tell it how it is! It does look much better. Now I can see that the focus falls off the bottom 1/4 of the lighter. Was that intentional? What is it that YOU want to accomplish with this? You know, why do you go home and read your GD manual. If you're not gonna take the free advice you get here seriously you can go sh.... OH and I'll be expecting a public apology in the form another thread stating such apology to all you have wronged.... So we can all go there and argue some more....

Last edited:
No no no no no.

Totally missed that thread... this is what happens when I disappear from here too long, dammit. :lol:

:biglaugh: HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's okay... by the time you pick, I might actually be capable of shooting a wedding. You know where to find me when you're ready! :sexywink: :lmao:

All it takes is time, and equipment. The most valuable thing you have is time.
We all know me. I aint gettin married anytime soon. I'm having too damn much fun. But when I do..............I want YOU to shoot it.
I'm quite confident in you.

Most reactions

Back