Light box recommendation please.

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for light box or any suggestion to get a good photos to post it on eBay, Mercari.com , or Postmark.com for my wife. Mostly will be a purse and the average size is 17"x11"(high).

Thank you,

I once made a light box out of a card board box. I cut off the top, cut holes into three sides, covered the holes with white wrapping paper, used construction paper for the interior (comes in many colors) I would also suggest spray painting the interior white. It worked very well and cheap.........two of my attempts.... IMG_3124-1.jpg IMG_3130_edited-1-1.jpg

Thank you Sir.

Light boxes are personal preferences. many here don't use them as we have more advanced lighting techniques. they are simply a diffusion box to diffuse light on the subject. They allow you to get decent and pretty good photos though when you learn to use them correctly.

The important part is always the lighting. using CFLs usually does not provide enough light on the subject. Going towards LEDs can provide enough light but have to place enough around to properly light the subject. And CFLs, LEDs may cast different color light that you may not see, but the camera sensor does, thus affecting WhiteBalance (can be corrected). going towards better gear is then more money.

I've not purchased one, so I can't offer any suggestion in that regard. I have made two of them. The first one was too small, so if anything, make sure the one you get is large enough for the task.

Here's a photo of my setup:

IMG_1991 - Version 2.jpg

The lighting was two mis-matched flashes shooting through umbrellas. The room lights were not used.

Here is a shot of a different object:

WEZ 15010a - Version 2.jpg

I've not purchased one, so I can't offer any suggestion in that regard. I have made two of them. The first one was too small, so if anything, make sure the one you get is large enough for the task.

Here's a photo of my setup:

View attachment 127867

The lighting was two mis-matched flashes shooting through umbrellas. The room lights were not used.

Here is a shot of a different object:

View attachment 127869
what's the silver foil I see in the left umbrella?
to reduce a hot spot ?

lightboxes are good to take pictures of small reflective products.

/end statement.

Thank you very much for the info.

Most reactions

Back