Light Graffiti

I've played around with this quite a bit.

2221747223_7a84723985.jpg

2221746443_4b2e1a035f.jpg

The trick is to draw in complete darkness so there is no light bouncing off of you while you draw whatever it is that you're drawing. Then, once you're ready. Have an off camera flash manually fired at whomever is in the shot. This freezes them, elminating blur. While you're at it, have the subject in the shot move to a different location and hit them with another flash of light during the same exposure. This will give you a few images of the same person in the single shot. This does get tricky though since you have to kind of "aim" the flash at where they are standing to avoid spilling light onto where there are about to go. If it's not completely mastered, some ghosting will occur. I don't have any examples of the second trick up online just yet, but I'll put them up once I do.

awesome rdompor!! and thank you for sharing how you get the no blur!!! i'll have to give it a try does it have to be an off camera flash, or can i just set my on camera to flash at the end of the exposure instead of the beginning?

These were done with a small flashlight, 30+ second exposure, and a snooted sunpak 383 super.

2546365913_cdcd4bfcf8.jpg

2546365925_ee6fd73e98.jpg

I kind of missed his face with the flash on the next one. =\

2546365933_d3262a4424.jpg

These last two are just examples of the multiple flash technique i described in my earlier post...Sorry I didn't combine them with the "light graffiti".

A bit to the right.....

2546365939_1c907b794f.jpg

Improper aiming + Dying Flash batteries =

2546365947_44716d3fc9.jpg

I hope you enjoy...

i have been meaning to do a more legit one, but this was just messing around one time with it. oh, and it took like 20 tries for each image to come out drawn that well.

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

these are sick! that website is awesome! i love soing light grafitti its so much fun!

Ya it's gonna be tricky for me because unless I do it in almost pitch black I'll have to B (what does that stand for anyway?), meaning that someone else will have to do the writing.

(Semi Automatic Camera)

If you need to use B but don't have or can't use a cable release on your model camera some tape and a marble (or pencil eraser) work great! Honest! ;)

yer we had todo some fo this for college work i dont have any on my home computer tho which sucks but there ya go, some of them are really good

Most reactions

New Topics

Back