Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
redsky2.jpg

Hi,
I hate when posts go un-noticed don't you. Anyway this looks like a nice shot - but the scan looks pretty bad - either that or it's my cheap monitor here at work. Is this digital or film.

No, your correct it a bad scan! It's film! The picture looks so much better!
We sat out in a boat for hours getting these pictures. We were trying to get the sun setting right in those top windows of the lighthouse but we never did get that shot.... but a bunch of other pretty neat ones! Our oldest was a baby at the time and was sleeping in a laundry basket at the bottom of the boat!
Thanx for the comments! :D

I liked the general appearance and colors of this shot but the quality seemed so marginal that I didn't comment at first.
Having read your explanation I'd like to see a good scan if that's at all possible.

Here I don't know if this is any better? I didn't drop it at all this time!
I think that the lines are a little cleaner in this one!

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

Nice shot....

I absolutely love sunset/silhouette pictures. Wow, you sat in a boat for hours with your baby in a basket waiting for that picture. Thats dedication.....

Now that is nice!
To me that looks like a completely different picture.

Thank you!
Dedication? We don't think of it as dedication, it's more of just a thing that we enjoy! We have had all of the girls camping from the time they were a few months old and have dragged them along on many adventures!
That was the summer that we lived on an Island with no electricity or running water ,my husband boated to work, it was great!

No water or electricity huh? YUCK!
And I'll bet that was more years back than you'd care to admit!
I remember going on "fun" trips like that and actually enjoying it, but nowadays the closest approximation would be an army/marine assault course!
Getting that pic still sounds a little like dedication though.

Now that second picture is really nice. Very good gradiant of light behind the lighthouse and the reflectivity on the water really adds something. I think I would have liked this one a little more with just a little less sky. There almost seems to be a natural change a little above the trees where the sky begins to look bleak. I would have gone for a little more water to avoid that.

great shot! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back