Light leaks

earthmanbuck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently took a trip to Mexico and brought along one of those cheap little plastic four-shot cameras just for kicks. I'd never used it before, and all the pics I got back had light leaks—some worse than others. Not that it's a big deal or anything (what else could I expect from a $20 camera?), but is anybody able to tell whereabouts the leak might be based on a couple of the pictures? Every picture had the big circular one on the right side of the frame, but some of them also had the same shape repeated across towards the left frame, so those ones might have more to do with how bright it was and the angle of the sun and stuff, right?

Scanned13.jpg

Scanned11-2.jpg

Sorry, never seen light effects like that before.

Those plastic lenses could have been moulded so poorly that they have major defects that are magnifying light in odd places.

maybe the leaf shutter?

Sorry, never seen light effects like that before.

Those plastic lenses could have been moulded so poorly that they have major defects that are magnifying light in odd places.
Agreed. Almost looks like an internal reflection off the lens itself, with that circular shape.

Yeah, I was thinking the lenses too, but I wasn't sure why the effect would be more pronounced in the darker pics. Thanks, everyone!

Interesting. Not sure where this would be from. Definitely interested to see what costs this.

Looks like Holga.

I have one that I got for $1. at a garage sale and it takes better pictures than that. I may have to dig it out again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back