Light meters

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at getting one. I would like input from that have them use um.. Which do you like? What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Do you need just an ambient light meter or do you need to meter flash as well?

I'd recommend the Sekonic L-308S or better yet, the L-358. HERE

I've got the L-358 and use it a surprising amount of the time. I have to say I've not tried it out with flash, but having the facility is why I bought that model in the first place. Have to say that I've learned to trust what I'm being told by the hand-held where I couldn't say the same about the 350D's TTL metering.

I agree with Chris and Mike on the L-358. Some of the Minolta meters are being reborn as Kenko meters, and the KFM-1100 (=Minolta Auto Meter V F) might be a contender. If you wanted spot metering as well it would not be the best choice - something like the L-758DR, which is a combination incident and spot would be better.

Thre's another recent thread on light meters here:link.

Best,
Helen

Another vote for the Sekonic 358. Great meter that has served me well. If you need to step up later the L-758DR is the way to go. Even if you do step up someday the 358 is a great meter to have in your bag always.

hey buddy i am model for some companies.they use to take pictures in nikon D100.here is picture of that..juz check the specificatons of it...

hey buddy i am model for some companies.they use to take pictures in nikon D100.here is picture of that..juz check the specificatons of it...

Huh???? What has this post to do with the OP's question about light meters?:confused:

Huh???? What has this post to do with the OP's question about light meters?:confused:
After seeing this gentleman's last 4-5 posts, I was going to get nasty... then I tried the ignore feature... it works REALLY well on this board! ;) ;) ;)

Most reactions

Back