Light meters

Ahhhh, Martin--how nice to know you too have a Weston Master II! One that works well! That's even more awesome, and I see you have the incident metering dome attachment. A few minutes ago, I stepped outside and snapped a shot using my Pocket Light Meter app on my iPhone. It was just before 9 AM here along the far west coast of the Pacific Northwest region of the USA, and this AM it is unusually cool, 65 degrees, heavily clouded over. Here's a "HOLD" button screen cap of the meter's actual reading area, my palm turned skyward and toward the brightest sky light...

$meter reading August overcast 9 AM.JPG

Ive got a Weston V readings are spot on and just had another Minolta Vf in the post today they are not too expensive but very very good

What I like about the Weston is the immediate ability to go slower/faster with speeds and maintain exposure once you're familiar with the meter. That and as long as there's light it works. It's dead nuts on with the F5's matrix/center weight functions so it's very trustworthy. Always in the bag.

*I have a Nikon F and Yashica 124 that's missing the meter so it comes in handy often. And I enjoy old stuff and the way it's built. Solid with an eye to durability not like things are manufactured today.

Most reactions

Back