Light + Motion

SwissJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot at a relatively slow shutter speed to catch some motion, but the window panels surprised me. I don't quite understand why certain window panels are blown out and others aren't.

But here it is. All C&C welcomed. Thanks.

4668433222_78865cb8d8_b.jpg

Maybe with the long exposure time the certain lights are actually emitting far less light than the others and the lens picks it up where the human eye can't?

I'm not really too sure but i think it adds to the picture a lot. TBH I think had all the panels been bright white it would've been a bit TOO bright almost annoying.

I have no idea what caused the effect in the windows, but regardless, I like whatever is happening there!

Are those windows curved by any chance? Wondering because in all 3 windows its the top and left side of each one. So seems like it was the angle of the shot or the glass in the windows that caused it.

TBH I think had all the panels been bright white it would've been a bit TOO bright almost annoying.
I agree. I was trying to get all the panels to have various shades of gray. I sat there for 15 minutes trying to get the settings right... Alot of em were very blown out and it was annoying. This shot seemed like the best mix of light and blur.

I have no idea what caused the effect in the windows, but regardless, I like whatever is happening there!
Thanks!

Are those windows curved by any chance? Wondering because in all 3 windows its the top and left side of each one. So seems like it was the angle of the shot or the glass in the windows that caused it.
I didn't look at them closely, but I thought they were flat. It's also the bottom panels. The left panels also have a strange vertical highlight on the right side.

Next time I'm there I'll take a closer look at the glass, but I have a feeling this is a typical effect I just don't know about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back