TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rollei 35 SE, Agfa 100 APX

Light_on_the_bay_by_Maxx640.jpg

What do you think?

well...
1. the composition is "too" equal. The horizon line is right in the middle of the picture giving it a flat and amateur aspect.
2. The sky is a little burnt and cloud-less. Maybe if you would have used a polarizer filter it would have looked different
3. The pic is a little too grainy/noisy for my taste (but this is subjective)

All in all there is almost nothing interesting in the photo, except the lightpole. Try taking another one with a better composition and i think you'll be surprised ;)

Edit: did you add noise digitally or how the hell did it get so noisy on ISO 100 film? :O

I'm going to be harsh, because criticizing people is a very easy job...:mrgreen:

Seriously this light pole is annoying, the angle, the perspective, where you stand with respect to it.

Sometimes we think we are making something good because of what we are focusing on, but instead it's all screwed, the tones are dull, what makes black and white photos interesting is either a wife tonal range or contrasts.

Sorry if i got too annoying.

Well, I seem to have screwed up on this one. I'll try and get it the other way maybe, there is a fort behind it.

As for grain, it comes from the scan perhaps or the matte paper. Didn't add any.

I'll post a better one from the same film to cheer me up.

Photoshop can be a good solution for scanner problems, at first i had this problem with scanning photos too, or even try to adjust contrast and brightness on any photo editor...

Most reactions

Back