Light painting, how do I edit??

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Luc1f3r, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Luc1f3r

Luc1f3r TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Forgive me for not using the right terms, I hope you can see through the words and offer some guidance.

I'm trying to 'light-paint' not with a single long exposure but with the flash pointed in a different area for multiple images and then edit them into one image.

Here is an image I have made -

[​IMG]
    LP-Front-Close by Joseph Knapp Photography, on Flickr

I did this by shooting 10-15 shots with the flash pointed in random areas and then auto-align & auto-blend

I know there is a way to do this with layer masks so I have more control, I've played with the masks to do it and I can't match the effect that CS5.5 does on it's own.

Any tips or suggestions you can offer would be great.

An idea of the result I am after would be this shot of my bike shot by someone else for a V2Lab.
    [​IMG]

2. Buckster

Buckster In memoriam

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think this would come in pretty handy for that sort of work:

The vendor's web site: Oloneo - HDR Software

By the way, we're not allowed to post photos by others here, only link to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  3. Tstandiford

Tstandiford TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

The term you're looking for is "exposure blending."I did something like this with this photo here:[​IMG]Also, I do a tutorial on how to do this using gimp here.The process is a little different with gimp, but the general idea is the same, and should help you quite a bit. Hope this helps.