Light painting, Living room.

Bram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bergen op Zoom, Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today I was at work pondering HDR. I came home and though you know what, power is out, time to pull off my living room light painting idea. So I set up my tripod and set it to 15 minutes and went nuts I guess you could say, anywhoo i'll let it speak for itself.
Thought it would be cool, C&C is welcome not much to c&c thought but go ahead!
ALL COMMENTS WELCOME!

shutter: 344.1 seconds
Aperture: F14
ISO: 100
5222039797_9fcbec5e22_z.jpg

shutter: 207 seconds
5222037611_37b0ec2868_z.jpg

shutter: 230.7 seconds
5222631856_92cfb4e9e6_z.jpg

:thumbup: A great way to spend time waiting for the power to come back on...very clever, it looks like it was fun to do.

I literally just said holy sh*t

After seeing this, I would have tried to draw some people walking around your house, or sitting at the table. Might try that here if ever I am dark, alone, and bored.

As stated, looks like you had fun.

p!nK

C&C is welcome not much to c&c thought but go ahead!
ALL COMMENTS WELCOME!

Wait... so are you welcoming comments? Because... I'm not sure... you didn't say... :lmao: :sexywink:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :lol:

Seems like a fun thing to do while the power's out! What did you use to do the painting?

It's a neat idea, but as I'm looking at the image there's a whole lot more that I wish was outlined... its like... the image is halfway done.

But it still looks like you probably has some fun in the dark! :sexywink:

Alright well I welcome comments and C&C on all my shots :D.
I used a 9 LED flashlight a cheap 2 dollar one hah.
I am open to all comments I really want to improve this one like you said erose what could I add. Or better yet what did you wish was outlined.

Well I will definately take all your ideas into consideration. Who knows the power might go out again tonight if not i'll just turn off all the lights and maybe use somebody here as an outline. I WILL POST AGAIN.

That looks pretty fun!

Will a simple "nice job" do?

cool idea
now learn to make orbs :)

Wow. I have never heard of this before. I know what I'm doing tonight, thanks for the inspiration!

@bitter: Thank you a simple "nice job" works fine coming from you kind sir.
@McNugget801: I've tried and tried but I have failed quite a few times.

Awesome photos! I am wondering how you did the exposure times though, "set it to 15 minutes". Did you use a shutter release cable/remote while its on Bulb mode? I have a t2i and my longest shutter speed is 30 secs then Bulb after that. Or does your camera have a feature where you can jot down a number of seconds manually?

Turned out great! Thanks for sharing looks really cool!

Awesome photos! I am wondering how you did the exposure times though, "set it to 15 minutes". Did you use a shutter release cable/remote while its on Bulb mode? I have a t2i and my longest shutter speed is 30 secs then Bulb after that. Or does your camera have a feature where you can jot down a number of seconds manually?

I have am ML-L3 shutter remote, I also have a setting that lets the shutter stay open for 1,5,10,or 15 minutes OR untill I hit the remote again. So I set it to 15 minutes and only used 344 seconds (5.7 minutes) So I think i'm going to try it again but time it this time for 14 minutes or so and get alot more work done :D. Check the user manual, i'm not familiar with canon settings sorry. Yes my camera was set to BULB mode. It helps alot.

I have am ML-L3 shutter remote, I also have a setting that lets the shutter stay open for 1,5,10,or 15 minutes OR untill I hit the remote again. So I set it to 15 minutes and only used 344 seconds (5.7 minutes) So I think i'm going to try it again but time it this time for 14 minutes or so and get alot more work done :D. Check the user manual, i'm not familiar with canon settings sorry. Yes my camera was set to BULB mode. It helps alot.

So, your camera, while on bulb mode, also has the setting for 1,5,10, or 15 minutes?

Most reactions

Back