Light show c&c

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot from after the storm. Thoughts on ways to improve this? Too much with the sparkles? Go b&w? Should I try to remove that out of focus branch of snow in the foreground on the right or at least shorten it to open up the view to the water. Still a newb at cloning and such so that may turn out to be beyond my skill level.

Snow2 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

The sparkles look a little on the fake side to me. Not sure if they are or not, but I feel that they're a bit much.

I wouldn't try cloning out a branch, it's not easy to make it look perfectly natural, if you know what I mean. Maybe just crop it differently. Times like that I would be tempted to prune the bothersome branch.

The sparkles look a little on the fake side to me. Not sure if they are or not, but I feel that they're a bit much.

Some of the sparkles were there, just not as pronounced. I zapped them a bit with a Topaz filter. Here is the shot without that star filter effect:

Snow3 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

I like the second shot a lot more. It looks more natural.

I like both!

Playing around with this some more. I removed some of that big branch and tried a different vibrance with the sparkles. I think I like this one best although I know the cloning to remove the lower part of that big out of focus branch was not perfect.

Snow4 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Most reactions

Back