light source

Killed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
img01507ly.jpg

what do you guys think of this pic? converted to black and white desaturating and then sepia.

As far as subject matter goes there isn't much to keep me lookin at the photo. Also the light seems overpowering and blown out a bit. I'd also clone out whatever is in the bottom left hand corner of the pic as well. If you can try and reshoot and get more of the building and use that for subject matter rather than the light :) The building looks to be pretty unique!

Hello Killed,

I love the Sepia tone in this image.

However, I would like to see a slight tilt towards the right. While composing an image it would be nice to make sure at least one of the strong lines in the image is parallel to one of the borders.
crit-vi.jpg

danalec99 said:
Hello Killed,

I love the Sepia tone in this image.

However, I would like to see a slight tilt towards the right. While composing an image it would be nice to make sure at least one of the strong lines in the image is parallel to one of the borders.

You mean like the horizontal bar of the light being parallel to the top and bottom borders? :wink:

crit-vi.jpg

mountainlander said:
You mean like the horizontal bar of the light being parallel to the top and bottom borders? :wink:

crit-vi.jpg
No, I meant the yellow line. The pink line (aka the lamp stand) is parallel to the top and bottom border as you said, but for me, it is not the "prominent/strong line" in this image.
Cheers! :)

Disclaimer: I have no formal education in basic composition rules in painting or photography, so take my words with a grain of salt. I'm merely responding to what my eyes says. :)

danalec99 said:
No, I meant the yellow line. The pink line (aka the lamp stand) is parallel to the top and bottom border as you said, but for me, it is not the "prominent/strong line" in this image.
Cheers! :)

Disclaimer: I have no formal education in basic composition rules in painting or photography. I'm merely responding to what my eyes says. :)

LOL, I thought I'd play devils advocate a bit. It would seem wierd to me to have the lamp post floating off at some odd angle.

I think it may be a positional issue, more than an angle?

And no formal education at all here either, well for photography anyway.

so tell me what should i do? any tuts for this?

Most reactions

Back