Lighthouse anyone?

imakefights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
lighthouse.jpg

I dont think so. I like the silouhette contrasted with the light. Makes it sort of a contradiction.

Did you work with an added lightsource? (I would think so).
Or did you catch the light and give it colour?

Neither. I shot the photo in color. Changed it to B&W, adjusted the levels to make it appear at dusk, then added the lens flare in color in Adobe Photoshop.

Bobby

The idea is good and worked fine, here, I think. All the photo now needs is a crop from the top righthand corner, so you loose some of the sky and some of the open water (the photo can live better without it, I think). That would put the lighthouse out of the centre and give the added light room to shine into, you understand?

I would agree with Lafoto, crop some of the right side...probably almost to where the land ends and some of the open sky on the top.

Since you added the glare, I would make it more angled so that it is kind of pointing over the picture in the same direction as the land...make sense?

That's my two cents...

personally I don't like the fake flare at all. Looks too out of place for me. I'd personally crop it portrait like Eric said, and get rid of the flare.

Most reactions

Back