Lighthouse at Cape Hatteras

PlanetStarbucks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is likely one of the most photographed lighthouses in America but I think for good reason. You just have to take a picture if you're anywhere near it. I wanted to do something more then just standard light, so I bracketed it for HDR. I played around with it for a while because I've never been a fan of the supercooked HDR. Let me know what ya'll think. Whether I should crank it up or down, reframe. CC always welcome in my threads.

$Hatteras.jpg

I wouldn't even think it is HDR, looks like shot on film. Very delicate, nice. Was this lighthouse moved inland some time ago ?

I agree with Timor. I wouldn't change a thing.

The only thing I would suggest is a slight framing change, right now it's realllly tight. It doesn't look bad, but if you printed this and framed it, a lot of the lighthouse would be missing.

Thanks for the kind words all. I was leaning towards liking it, and figured I'd crowdsource an opinion :)

Yes, they did move it inland...the island keeps shifting west. When I was there 10 years ago they were in the process of moving it about 1000 feet inland. If I remember right, the original lighthouse is actually underwater now.

I don't think it's off plumb, I think the slanted ffect is a combination of perspective, optical illusion, and lens distortion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back